Video journey of our miles to Myles, by Uncle Paul

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Joining the Wait


I have a journal for each one of our children.  When both Keith and Liliana were in the womb I began writing to them--about the longings for them during pregnancy and then once they were arrived, letters to them about our daily lives, their accomplishments, funny things they say, etc.  I hope one day, perhaps when they are adults, they can laugh at the hysterical things we've gone through together as family and hopefully be struck with how much Peter and I love and cherish them.  I started one for Myles last April.  I don't write those thoughts on this blog, even though I hope he gets to enjoy this blog journey someday.  All this to say, I do want to share some endearing and significant things extended family have done in their time of waiting and expecting.  I can't quite put into words how meaningful it is to be so supported in this adoption process.  

-Last Christmas (yes, a year ago) when we were in the beginning prayer stages of adoption, my parents gave Liliana a brown-skinned baby doll.
-For Liliana's 2nd birthday in March, Muffy (great-grandmother) gave Lili a darker-brown skinned baby doll that cries and laughs.
-You can read the beautiful poem that Peter's mother wrote on this blog, such a gift!
-My mother, a few months ago, had been cuddling with Keith.  She said as he walked away, "I love and have memorized the sweet smells of Keith and Lili, I can't wait to learn and love Myles' smell too." 
-For my 30th birthday last year, my parents gave me matted name plates with each child's name and the meaning behind their name.  Myles was included.  
-This Christmas Peter's parents gave Myles his first outfit.  :)  It matches the colors in his nursery so it's hanging on display, joining the wait.


1 comment:

Hansonfamily said...

HI, this is Heidi Hanson, so sorry for the delay, just been settling in with our two new sons! I just starting reading your blog and wanted to mention something. Find out the exact date the Minister got your Dossier and give her 30 days from that date and then begin calling the office directly to find out if there is anything else they need, that they do indeed have it and how it is coming along and that you are quite anxious to meet your new son. I have contact info. if you are interested in doing this. I am here to answer questions, not too good about getting on the blog or updating it, but you may e-mail me and I will get back to you promptly. Best wishes and God Bless your journey! Hanson2000@comcast.net