Video journey of our miles to Myles, by Uncle Paul

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Really Home





Myles is HOME.  I can really breath now.  There is this enormous weight lifted off-that I didn't even realize the weight of, until now. Myles is HOME.  He has fit right into the space that was waiting for him in our hearts and our home.  The children are absolutely delighted with their brother--even refer to him as "brother" instead of Myles most of the time.  "Where's my brother Mom?"  "Can I just touch him while he sleeps?"  Our 4 year old Keith said to Daddy, "I'm crying happy tears because Myles is home!"  (he wasn't really crying, but it was cute nonetheless!!!)  Myles is HOME.  It was moving to see the bond that's already been created between siblings and grandparents.  My parents were able to have very tender moments with Myles before returning to Roanoke.  Peter's parents had a few hours here also before returning to Boston.  He is really loved!  I think, compared to the Myles-sized "crib" that he was spending all of his time in at the orphanage, he is elated when we put him in his crib in his room.  He is giddy when he stretches his adorable body out to go to sleep in his cozy crib.  After his bottle (still doing one in the middle of the night), he gives me the most breath-taking smile as I kiss him goodnight for the hundredth time.  Myles is HOME.  

10 comments:

Leah Reeves said...

He is so precious! Lots of happy smiles.......

~Leah

Tina Harriman said...

So good to get another update. I have been checking everyday! He is beautiful beyond words.

Adrianne Thompson said...

I'm so glad he's adjusting to home so well. much love friend!

Angela said...

I am so so so happy and am just in love with his smile!!!! Congratulations :)

Susie said...

Congratulations. He. is. beautiful.

One Hot Homestead said...

I am so happy for your family. It is a amazing feeling and I was surprised how quickly the bonding happens once home.

Teabo Chica said...

HI there, Your Myles is precious when I saw the pictures of him coming home and being united with his family tears down my face :)!
I have a question for you about Rwanda adoption and was wondering if we can chat? You can email me if you perfer, I know things are busy but I am looking for these specific kids I was wondering if you came across them in your sons home.
Thanks so much hope to hear from you soon!
teabo5@comcast.net

the Elliotts said...

welcome home, Myles!

Gayla said...

wow! those eyes in that pic... so stunning!!! he's gorgeous as is your whole fam. God is so faithful!

mike and amy said...

Thank you for sharing your journey with us. It was a huge encouragement as we geared up for our own adventure to Rwanda. We have been home for a week now. Life is good! I was marveling at how both our boys were in the same orphanage just a month ago. There were six children being adopted from Home of Hope during our time there. What an amazing thing it is to see first hand how God places the lonely into families. Blessings to you and welcome home Myles!