Video journey of our miles to Myles, by Uncle Paul

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

CIS Wait

We filed for our I-600A document with our gov't (CIS) back in April--and are STILL waiting for the approval.  We have had our pile of paperwork completed for months now.  Apparently, because our home study was submitted to them June 11, our file didn't begin moving until then. This is the final document we need for our dossier in order to send everything to the Rwandan Embassy to get authenticated. Once that is complete (only a few weeks), our paperwork will be sent to Rwanda and supposedly, only 4 weeks after that we could have our referral!  (picture of our baby boy!)  

It has been SO hard to see the pile of paperwork just SITTING on the shelf and not moving toward bringing our son home.  I have prayed for our adoption and the orphanage in general...but not specifically for this CIS form.  Yesterday is my one morning a week when both children are at preschool.  I was home cleaning and organizing and praying.  I earnestly prayed about the CIS's response--asking God to please move things along if it is His will.  I asked Him to help me trust Him more during this time of waiting and wanting for our son.  Three hours later I checked my e-mail to find  one from our caseworker from Gladney Center for Adoption. This e-mail's purpose was to tell us that they had heard from the CIS and that our forms should be to us THIS WEEK!  :)  I know the Lord doesn't always answer our prayers right away--but when He does I just have to laugh (well, actually kind of a laugh-cry!).  I am such a slow learner at Trusting.   

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

How I can relate! We are waiting for our two baby boys in Haiti and the "trusting" part gets me every time ... I know better, but still struggle. :)

Yours is the first family I have heard of pursuing Rwandan adoption and I am so interested to follow your journey. We have an African (Sudanese, though US-born) son and therefore African adoptions have a special place in my heart. GOD bless you in your journey to bring Myles home!