Video journey of our miles to Myles, by Uncle Paul

Monday, January 5, 2009

Hills


Myles, we got your a high chair today--found one on craigslist from a dear family nearby. (thanks Carolyn!) It's in the kitchen for now-not that we need any other reminders to pray for you. Lili showed me where to put it because she said it needed to be near her seat on the bench.

I am so impatient. It helps to continually give you back to your Maker. How is it that we don't even "have" you yet but we're already having to learn to give you to Him?! This is sometimes an hourly battle for me. Today I found peace in Psalm 121 again. Keith and Lili can't wait to teach you these verses when you come. "I lift my eyes to the hills--where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth." I think of the hills in Rwanda and I can't help by recall the magnitude and beauty of His creation. I want to keep my eyes on the Maker, and not on my anxious thoughts while we wait for you to come home.

5 comments:

Meg said...

So cute! We have the same chair for Liam. I love your honest thoughts, and your constant reminders.

Lauren said...

So many of us have this highchair (mine's from Craigslist too!)- It'll be a good reminder for me to keep praying for your family and Myles: when I see the chair, I'll pray for continued strength and hope for you all.

Jeane` said...

The adoption of a child ALWAYS makes me think of my 'adoption' as God's child...and as I am reading your words in this posting, a little thought of "is this how my Father feels about my arrival at Home (Heaven) someday?"...who knows!?!

I've gotta say, I just truly, truly think what you are doing is something Jesus would have done, had he had his own family unit here on Earth. And even He, as he put human limitations on himself, might have been a tad impatient (is that sacraligeous?) in waiting for his child's adoption process to move along.

In any case, I hope you are having a good day. It is now nap time, the most glorious time of the day! I'm sitting here with my cold & creamy Hazelnut coffee drink that is my little daily reward to myself for keeping these children alive and relatively happy. :)

Warmly,
Jeane`

Sincerely Anna said...

Beautiful post, Laurel. I remember how hard the wait is...just said a prayer for you to have this verse on your heart continually.

Anonymous said...

Hi! My name is Kelley Gonzalez. We are looking into adoption from Rwanda and I would love to ask you some questions!! My email is joekel@earthlink.net