Video journey of our miles to Myles, by Uncle Paul

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Paving the Way

 

The last two weeks have been slightly a relief-knowing that we would NOT be receiving any word from Rwanda helped me not race to the computer every time I walk in the door (thank goodness I don't have a Blackerry...AKA "Crackberry"). I'd be a mess with one of those during this process! On a more serious note, we were broken into last week (I walked in the house when the individual was upstairs), and Peter was out of town, so we were dealing with those kinds of issues on the home front. Not so surprisingly, Keith's Bible verse in his 5 year old class at church was Psalm 56:3 "When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You."

Last night before Peter left for Texas, we spent time praying together. We prayed for our son Myles-that God would be with him in the orphanage and that he would be comforted by the Presence of his Creator during this time of being without a family. Even though he hasn't been chosen for us yet--it is a crazy feeling to know that Myles is there. A little baby boy is waiting for us, and us for him. We prayed for the nuns who will be making the prayerful "choice" of who Myles is. All we know at this point is that our file is on the desk of the individual who will be approving it. We have been told it should be any day. We are hopeful and eager for the file to move to the orphanage so we can receive our referral. Thank you for praying for us during this wait.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Angela said...

It has been simply amazing to read about your journey. I laughed out loud about the blackberry -- I would be the same way! I am really sorry to hear about the break-in.

Love,
Angela

Archaeolaw said...

Yikes. Sorry to hear about the breakin. I know it can be rough to have an intrusion into your homespace, esp with the old man gone.

crispy said...

Got your blog from my mom who is visiting your family. I am looking forward following your journey and seeing how God leads.

Praying for safety for you and the kids. Sorry to read about the break in.