Video journey of our miles to Myles, by Uncle Paul

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Court in Session

In a few hours, a court session will take place in Kigali, Rwanda to determine whether our Myles becomes an official member of our family. He will be given two new names- his first and last names will be gifts from his new family, us. We will keep the name that was given to him by those who found him abandoned, as his middle name--but hope to use it often, as the meaning of it describes him perfectly. I am filled with anticipation, with hope. I would love to hear that gavel smash on the table at the end of the court session tomorrow. The resounding noise would declare that he is no longer an orphan, but now a son...a brother...a Greer...OURS. He has been our son for months now. God put this deep, supernatural love in us for our precious Myles. I had been dreaming about those eyes for months before we saw them in his referral picture. When we got our referral call, Myles took my breath away for a moment when I looked at him on our computer screen--because I KNEW him. I loved him already...and didn't know how to respond.

Myles-whenever you read all of these posts, I hope that you know that you are so incredibly loved by your parents. We ache to have you as part of your family with everything in us. Someone is always missing here, and that's you. My arms long to hold you and make up for the months that you have gone without our physical and emotional love. I know that you have not been alone-that He has been watching you, but I also know that your Creator has planned for you to be part of this family since before you were born. Did you know that your grandfather ("Gramps") called me the morning of what could have been your birthday? He had been thinking and praying for you, and said that he strongly felt that it was the day of your birth?!! Now, learning what we have about you, this is true! For some reason, our union as family was supposed to be delayed like this...but we have ALL been praying for you and loving you from afar. We love you, sweet boy.

1 comment:

Vincents said...

Beautiful post! I loved the gavel description! Can't wait to hear the news.