Video journey of our miles to Myles, by Uncle Paul

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Choice

It is an incredible feeling to know that sometime this week, possibly even tomorrow-a child is being chosen for our family. We've heard from other families that the sisters at the Home of Hope in Rwanda take time to seriously pray before choosing a child for a family. We will know so soon. One of my friends in Rwanda told me, "We're feeling the labor pains with you!"

I am going to go back into Myles' room now. I had taken a few weeks off from sitting in there, because it made me miss him too much. Today, I am going through the closet in his room, I will empty it out and can't wait to begin filling it with clothes for him to wear, blankets to wrap him in, and toys to surprise him with.

After getting our Rwandan approval yesterday, we shared with our two children the good news about being a step closer to bringing Myles home. When I dropped Liliana (almost 3) off at preschool, she had a hard time letting me leave. She was crying and asking for a few more hugs and kisses. When I pulled back from hugging her and began walking away, I heard her say in a raspy, quiet voice, "I just want my baby brother to come home." We are all feeling these labor pains!

6 comments:

crispy said...

Even the children feel the struggles and the stress. Trusting that God knows the breaking point.

JJG said...

I can't even imagine choosing a child! We are so excited for your family and will be praying throughout these next days in the choosing time! Sounds like you are nesting typical of the 9 month!

Ashley Smith said...

Hang in there! He will be here before you know it. I am so excited for you guys and know that in God's time your baby will be home forever :) Our completed dossier is on it's way to AWAA!

Unknown said...

We continue to pray for God's plan to come to fruition! We are so excited and happy for you!

Jen said...

I am so excited for you guys! We can live vicariously & pray victoriously! Jen BIll and emilia

ErinRPhotography said...

i am soooo happy for you guys. i can't wait to see him and babysit him along with Keith and Lily. They are going to make a great and amazing brother and sister. Its so good that you keep them in the loop of things and aware of what is happening. They know that this little boy is a gift from God. i am soo going out to buy him an outfit or two :)