Video journey of our miles to Myles, by Uncle Paul

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

No News

Nothing to tell-except that I would recommend turning the computer off if you are in a waiting mode. It really helped today-but it was still a hard day :( Every day there's that sense of great anticipation that this could be the day that we get to SEE our little guy, get his information in that much longed for referral packet. At the end of the day, there's that extreme disappointment that hits...similar to the feeling when I was 9 months pregnant with Keith and we spent the whole night in the hospital with contractions, only to be sent home the following morning. :( SUCH anticipation to be followed by more waiting!

Today the kids and I took a few mini road trips. I had put Keith in the back of the van and Lili in the middle-because they were having some "communication issues" :) Keith at one point was looking in front of him at the empty seat where he has said Myles will sit. He looked up at me driving and said with a little frustration, "Mommy, when will Myles be here?" I said, "I was just wondering that same thing Keith, it's hard waiting isn't it? Only God knows when Myles will come, we are waiting on Him. Have you been praying for Myles?" Keith said, "Well, sometimes. Not a lot." I said, "We are learning to trust God more though this time of waiting for Myles, aren't we buddy?." He looked out the window and said, "But Mommy, I already DO trust God!"

2 comments:

Karlie said...

Great little story. Kids are so refreshing.

Jennifer said...

Just came across your blog, we adopted a son from Ethiopia through Gladney last year and are considering adoption from Rwanda to bring our next angel home. Can't wait to follow your journey!