Video journey of our miles to Myles, by Uncle Paul

Monday, March 2, 2009

Won't hear...

This is how I'm trying to think--that we just won't hear this week or next. Just got an update from our caseworker. We know he was chosen last Monday...so we're a week into this. Here's part of the e-mail I received from our caseworker:

"Based on the time required for the matching process with the orphanage and the time required for obtaining the medical test results, I would estimate that you should receive your referral in 2-4 weeks."

I'm going to go back into lowering expectations-mode.

5 comments:

Rutledge 7 said...

There will be a day when the waiting is over. I know it gets old hearing this BUT God's timing is never wrong. I trust those around you will encourage you and hold you up! Hugs those 2 kids you can currently get your arms around from us! Love to you.

Angela said...

(((hugs)))

the Elliotts said...

You are closer then ever before!
Much love-

Susan said...

I remember excellent advice you once gave me about life-in-general stuff, years and years ago:
"lower your expectations."
It has ALWAYS stayed with me and I've always been thankful for it.
Here's praying God gives you the grace to do the same here, when doing so is agonizing and painful.
Love to you!
--all the Aricos

Jen said...

that's awesome! we're so excited for you! on the edge of our seats. it's like "paper labor!" Ha!
love jen bill & emilia