Video journey of our miles to Myles, by Uncle Paul

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Redemption

Man, there's SO much I want to write right now--so much of our Myles' history that has broken us yet reminded us of Redemption. He really is a miracle, a blessing. Oh, just WAIT until after the court date when he is officially ours and we can share-such a story! We have the pictures plastered all over the house and hundreds of family, friends, and bloggers have gazed into those precious eyes through e-mailed pictures. I've received messages on my phone from friends and family just in joyful TEARS over our little guy; there has been such anticipation and prayer over the wait for Myles (and of course, this prayerful wait continues now until he's home with us). The kids have wallet-sized pictures that they carry around in their pockets. I realized, at all times the last few days, I've had at least 4 pictures of Myles to look at either on my phone, in my bag, pocket, etc. I don't think I've gone more than 15 minutes without looking at our son. OUR SON MYLES--now we know what he looks like!!!!!

Now we wait for our court date.

3 comments:

Tina Harriman said...

I can hardly wait to hear his story and how the Lord has worked out ALL things according to His purpose for your family and for Myles!

Krista Hubbard said...

laurel,
I periodically check your blog to see the status of your adoption. How exciting to see you now know who you little boy is going to be. I was so excited with you to meet Myles through pictures and can't wait to hear his story as well as meet him in person. Memories came flooding back to me as I read the feelings you are going through and that incredible phone call that finally comes, the call that leads you a step closer to your baby. Hopefully, he will be in your arms soon.
Do you wait for the court date and then fly? Will it be just one trip to finalize things and bring Myles home? Every country is different and I am most familiar with our Russian expereince.
Praying for your family.
Blessings,
Krista

Erin said...

Exciting!!